The records are falling daily across Louisiana as a ridge of high pressure continues to keep skies mostly sunny, rain chances spotty at best and high temperatures topping out well into the 90s.
There really is no sign of a change in this summer pattern coming anytime soon. A few extra storms is about all that will help with the heat over the next several days.
A list of records that fell or were tied on Monday:
- New Orleans: 96, old record was 91 set back in 1991
- Slidell: 95, old record was 92 set back in 1967
- McComb: 95, old record was 92 set back in 1984
- New Iberia: 94, old record was 93 set back in 2007
- Alexandria: 94, old record was 94 set back in 1899
— Zack Fradella (@ZackFradellaWx) May 15, 2018