INVEST 90L Discussion Thread – Gulf of Mexico

This topic contains 401 replies, has 67 voices, and was last updated by NDG 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 391 through 402 (of 402 total)
  • Author

Will
    • St. Amant/Lake Martin area
      Replies: 66

I think a more organized storm wouldn’t produce the massive amounts of rainfall we’ve been talking about for days now. Sure, you’d have a small area of rainfall totals around 10″ or so but the 20″+ totals we’ve been talking about probably wouldn’t happen unless it stalls out. I’m more concerned now, at this point, about the westward turn happening while it’s still in the gulf. That would likely bring it further west between BR and NOLA. I have lots of trees near my home – I don’t want 70+mph wind gusts for a few hours.

optimist
      Replies: 2

<p style=”text-align: right;”></p>

tarabie
    • Luling, LA

Does anyone know if they are scheduled to fly into this system today?  Would love to know what they find and if it would help to pinpoint this track.

Will

Yes they are flying into the system this afternoon and it will likely find enough data to help with forecasting its track.

1 user liked this post.

Dixielou
    • South Florida, USA

Looks like Subtropical Storm Alberto has formed now. The National Hurricane Center will initiate advisories with their 11am (Eastern) update.

1 user liked this post.

Will

I’m seeing that now too. It’ll be interesting to see the forecast track and models now that apparently they have additional data.

1 user liked this post.

allicat1214
      • WB-St. Charles Parish
        Replies: 26

NHC announced it:

NHC will initiate advisories at 11 AM EDT / 10 AM CDT on Subtropical Storm Alberto located over the northwestern Caribbean Sea.

I'm old enough to remember when no one evacuated for storms EVER....and I'm not even 60!
      I've been around this forum in one version or another since before Katrina, when Zack & Dylan were posting as weather savvy teens!
      Can't imagine going through hurricane season without you people, so I donate to keep this forum going! If you're reading this, you should donate, too!

3 users liked this post.

Will

Is there a twitter account that can be followed that releases all the models as they come out? I may just have to finally bite the bullet and get on Twitter.

1 user liked this post.

Will

Check out that westward bend in the cone. They’re leaving open the possibility for him to creep westward into Louisiana.

allicat1214
      • WB-St. Charles Parish
        Replies: 26

Is there a twitter account that can be followed that releases all the models as they come out? I may just have to finally bite the bullet and get on Twitter.

Twitter is great.  I just followed and never posted for years.  I get breaking news on twitter before alerts on my phone or tv.  I have a list of weather accounts that I follow.  Here are a few that post models:

twitter DOT com/  then ⬇

tropicaltidbits  (Levi Cowan)

RyanMaue   (He has his own site like tropical tidbits but it’s paid.  He does post model images on twitter.)

MJVentrice  (weather channel met with PhD in meteorology)

EricBlake12 (NHC met)

Plus others I posted yesterday….

I'm old enough to remember when no one evacuated for storms EVER....and I'm not even 60!
      I've been around this forum in one version or another since before Katrina, when Zack & Dylan were posting as weather savvy teens!
      Can't imagine going through hurricane season without you people, so I donate to keep this forum going! If you're reading this, you should donate, too!

1 user liked this post.

harahantim
      • Harahan
        Replies: 57

12z NAM, 36 hours to 81 hours

1 user liked this post.

NDG
          Replies: 12

I am somewhat shocked that they are calling it subtropical, to me Alberto is a sheared mostly tropical system.

The naked swirl that seemed to be rotating around a larger rotation earlier this morning is appears now to be moving east closer to the MLC to the NE of it, it either will catch up to it or a more defined LLC will form later today.

Viewing 12 posts - 391 through 402 (of 402 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.